93% of all human communication is visual.
Visual communication is the science of transmitting a message through symbols and imagery. It relies on eyesight in part or wholly. It is the oldest and most effective way to share information. And the world is now even more visual than ever (look at the success of Instagram and Tik Tok for instance). Today, having visually engaging content is key to a successful marketing, and business.
Why is visual communication so effective? Because it is universal, as opposed to verbal communication. And because it triggers emotion in one glance, making it engaging and memorable. It helps synthesize and make understandable the overload of information around us.
A picture is worth a thousand words!
If you consistently present your brand regardless of the platform, it can increase revenue by up to 23%. Articles with images get 94% more views on average, because visuals are attractive, engaging and memorable. They make content easily understandable and stimulates the viewer’s emotion. That’s why People can follow instructions 323% better when visuals are used. When people hear information, they’re likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retain 65% of the information three days later.
Printed material, advertising, web and video are a few of the options available to effectively put your brand ‘out there’ through the use of visual communication. Defining your communication strategy involves defining the message you want to share and how to share it with a choice of design and placement. Origami Studio is here to help you figure this out. Google business, social media, e-commerce website, marketing tools, we can find out what’s right for you.
And if you still don’t believe in the power of visual communication, here are more facts:
- 85% of videos watched on Facebook are silent
- First Impressions Are 94% Design Related
- 83% Of People Comprehend Illustrated Text More Than Text Alone
- Professional Graphics Improve Learning and Retention By 200%
- 90% of snap judgments made about products are based on color alone
- The effective use of color increases brand awareness by 80%,
- Roughly 80% of readers only skim online content
- Visuals increase desire to read content by 80%
- 65% of us are visual learners
- 85% of people are more likely to buy your products after watching a video about is
- Our brain processes visuals 60000 times faster than text
- 91% of people like visual content over written content
- The average person gets distracted in eight seconds, though a mere 8 seconds is enough to distract some people.
Sources: http://digiday.com/media/silent-world-facebook-video – https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2018/04/02/visual-content-the-future-of-storytelling/#394cae423a46 – https://venngage.com/blog/lead-generation/ – https://www.nngroup.com/articles/how-little-do-users-read/ – https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02765184 – https://www.jeffbullas.com/6-powerful-reasons-why-you-should-include-images-in-your-marketing-infographic/ – https://www.bluecorona.com/blog/do-i-need-a-website/ – https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabrielshaoolian/2018/08/10/10-marketing-web-design-branding-statistics-to-help-you-prioritize-business-growth-initiatives/#2470cd73d708 – https://venngage.com/blog/visual-content-marketing-statistics/